Get a head start on your college education! With Ignite Christian Academy’s Dual Credit Program, full-time juniors and seniors* have the opportunity to earn high school and college credit simultaneously.
- Our dual credit program prepares students for the rigors of higher education while learning from a Christian worldview.
- Students save on college tuition. By avoiding room and board fees, students can earn up to two full years of college credit at a fraction of the cost of attending a private Christian college.
- While still in high school, students can plan ahead to earn college credits that also satisfy graduation requirements. Credit is given based on the number of college credits earned. For each 3-credit or 4-credit course, students earn 1 credit from Ignite Christian Academy.
Teaching independent organization skills needed to succeed in college, online dual credit courses require students to be self-motivated, work with other classmates, meet deadlines, and communicate with college professors.
How It Works
Dual credit students register through Ignite Christian Academy. The academy handles the additional paperwork to enroll the student in a dual credit course at the college level. Students then work directly with the partner college’s teachers for instruction and assignments.
For more information on our dual credit program, call a friendly educational specialist today at 800-682-7396.
Dual Enrollment Institutions
Dual credit courses may be taken at a local college/university, online through SOPHIA, or through Houston Baptist University for a Christian worldview. All dual credit courses MUST be approved by administration BEFORE the student begins any dual credit course.
Offering online courses for college credit, SOPHIA focuses on flexible, affordable, and innovative learning.
Houston Baptist University
By combining faith, reason, and liberal arts, Houston Baptist University offers an education that puts students on the fast track to being leaders, both in their careers and in their communities.
Eligible high school juniors and seniors may enroll in select online college courses offered through the HBU Pampell Online Division and earn both high school credit and college credit for HBU online courses they are enrolled in and complete satisfactorily.
Students who desire to further their education at HBU once they graduate high school will also be eligible to receive scholarships that will reduce their tuition.
In addition, HBU will provide a scholarship to each student in the amount of $5,000 per year toward room and board for each consecutive year the student is enrolled as an undergraduate residential student at HBU who meets the following criteria:
- The student must complete 30 credit hours (10 courses) in HBU Dual Enrollment courses.
- The student must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in their HBU Dual Enrollment courses.
*Juniors and seniors with a GPA of 2.75 or higher and a minimum ACT or SAT score are eligible to participate in the dual credit program.
Note: Dual credit students are not required to attend Houston Baptist after graduation. If a student chooses not to attend the partner college, he or she may negotiate a transfer of dual credits to their college of choice upon high school graduation. Ignite Christian Academy recommends that you check with your college of choice to determine how the transfer of credits will be handled.