Spring and summer provide great opportunities for Christian distance learning families to head outdoors and get active. Outdoor physical activities can help you fend off summer boredom and keep fit. Start planning activities now so that when the weather warms up you can enjoy as much time outside as possible. Here are five fun fitness activities for distance learning families to complete throughout the summer.
1. Join or start a church league. If your church participates in some sort of community sports league, join it! If not, start a weekly activity that other families from your church can enjoy. Get the congregation together for a weekly game of kickball or host a different physical activity each week. Starting a group of this nature will give you the chance to get fit and build relationships within your Christian community.
2. Create a family fitness competition. Challenge your family to complete a series of small daily physical activities throughout the summer. First, make a chart where you can track each participant's progress. Then, let the games begin! Turn on your family's favorite radio station and find out who can do the most push-ups or sit-ups during a single song. Head outside to have a hundred meter dash. Host a friendly competition to see who can hold a wall sit or jump rope the longest. Repeat events on a weekly basis and watch your progress grow throughout the summer.
3. Design a backyard obstacle course. The whole family can take part in creating and conquering the course. Use household items to build a rigorous path around your yard. If your family enjoys competition, grab a stopwatch and see who can complete the course the quickest.
4. Race for a reason. Throughout the summer, a variety of 5K walks and runs take place around the country to benefit various charities. Enter your family in a local race where you can get fit while helping a good cause. Keep in mind that many races include shorter events or activities for young kids.
5. Take a fitness-centered family vacation. As you venture someplace new, consciously plan activities that involve physical activity. Hike through a national park and enjoy God's creation. Take a weekend camping trip and Kayak across the lake. Spend a day at a water park where swimming and climbing water slide towers will surely wear you out.