Set your course for success! No matter what your student’s graduation goals are, our online academy has high school course tracks designed to meet individual needs.
High School Graduation Requirements:
(prior to 2027)
(Class of 2027 and beyond)
|Ignite Scholar Diploma
(Class of 2027 and beyond)
|English||4 credits||4 credits||4 credits|
|Math||3 credits||3 credits||4 credits|
(World History, US History, Government/ Economics)
|3 credits||3 credits||3 credits|
|Science||2 credits||3 credits||4 credits|
|Ignite Seminar***||1 credit||1 credit||1 credit|
|Bible||1.5 credit||1.5 credit||1.5 credit|
|Physical Education||1 credit||1 credit||1 credit|
|Health||.5 credits||.5 credits||.5 credits|
|Fine/Practical Art Elective||1 credit||1 credit||1 credit|
|Personal Financial Literacy||NA||.5 credit||.5 credit|
|World Language||NA||NA||2 credits|
|Electives||4 credits||3.5 credits||1.5 credits|
*Class of 2026 and prior graduates that wish to be competitive for acceptance into a 4-year university are high encouraged to take 4 credits of math (at least through Algebra II), 4 credits of science, and at least 2 credits within the same world language. Because specific colleges may have additional requirements, families should contact specific colleges and universities to ensure students will meet all minimum acceptance requirements. Because many factors affect college acceptance decisions, ICA does not guarantee college admission.
**If required by your state, state history courses are available
***Ignite Seminar is required during the 9th grade year OR the first year as an ICA high school student.
|Total Credits||21 credits||22 credits||24 credits|
Typical Sequence of Courses for a College Preparatory Student:
ICA suggests that students who wish to continue their education at a college or university enroll in 6-7 credits per school year. ICA recommends a maximum load of 7 courses per year.
|Freshman Year||Sophomore Year||Junior Year||Senior Year|
|English I||English II||English III||English IV|
|Algebra I||Geometry||Algebra II||Pre-Calculus|
|Integrated Physics & Chemistry||Biology||Chemistry||Environmental Science OR Physics|
|Ignite Seminar||World History||US History||Government & Economics|
|Physical Education||Fine Art Elective||World Language I||World Language II|
|Health (1 semester)||Bible Elective (1-2 semesters)||Bible Elective (1-2 semesters)||Bible Elective (1-2 semesters)|
|Personal Financial Literacy (1 semester)||General Elective (0-1 semester)||General Elective (0-1 semester)||General Elective (0-1 semester)|
- College prep math should include Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II.
- College prep science should include Chemistry or Physics.
- History must include World History, U.S. History, and Government/Economics.
- The Bible elective must be a Bible course from our online academy and must be .5 credit per year and equal 2.5 credits to graduate from Ignite Christian Academy. Beginning in Fall 2021, all students must complete a full credit of Ignite Seminar to graduate. Completion of this full-year course is required for all high school students for the 2021-22 school year. Beginning in the 2022-23 school year, this course will be required for all 9th grade students and those new to Ignite Christian Academy.
- Many colleges now require one to two years of a world language.
Students on the college prep study track should contact prospective colleges to find out if world language credits are needed for acceptance. If required by your state, state history courses are available. A college planner course is also strongly recommended.
For more information on high school options, read our course listing and get your free downloadable course catalog. Have questions about graduation requirements? Call an educational specialist at 800.682.7396 today.
Elementary and Middle School Courses High School Courses
* Graduation requirements related to distance learning schools may vary by state. It is the parent’s responsibility to research these requirements and to ensure that they are met. Because each college or university has its own entrance requirements, parents/students will want to consult with the college of his or her choice in order to meet its specific high school program requirements.
Students enrolled in Ignite Christian Academy must be considered full-time (taking at least four courses) before qualifying as candidates for a high school diploma. Homeschool transfer students must earn at least their last 5.5 credits through the academy before graduation. Students transferring from accredited schools must earn at least 5.5 credits through the academy to graduate. High school credits earned prior to academy enrollment can be accepted based on official transcripts.